COMMANDING GENERAL, 1ST MARINE DIVISION
MAJOR GENERAL ROGER B. TURNER, JR.
1. TAKE PRIDE IN OUR CORPS AND COUNTRY
- Celebrate and champion the greatness of our country, the values and ethos that make this the greatest nation on earth;
- Be an enthusiastic advocate for the Constitution we are sworn to support and defend, our democratic ideals, and the laws that govern our country and preserve and protect its people;
- Take pride in the legacy of our Marine Corps; take ownership in protecting our warrior culture, customs and traditions; carry yourself as an ambassador of 1st MarDiv and I MEF wherever you go;
- Serve our Corps with a sense of duty 24/7, with honor, courage, and commitment.
2. MAKE 1ST MARDIV THE MOST LETHAL, RESILIENT, COMBAT-READY FORCE OF CHOICE, IN ANY CLIME, IN ANY PLACE
- Train as you fight, because you will perform in combat only as well as you train for it;
- Treat every training event as a mission rehearsal or battle drill, tied to mission essential tasks and standards, and safely executed;
- Develop, nurture, and retain leaders with the highest physical and moral standards, disciplined, professional and ready.
3. FOSTER UNIT COHESION, TEAMWORK, AND CAMARADERIE
- Take care of our fellow Marines and Sailors, Civilian Marines, and our families. Embrace unit cohesion and a sense of family bond at every level;
- Support a command climate of good order and discipline and mutual respect valuing the dignity of each and every Marine. Hazing, sexual assault, sexual harassment, and discrimination of any kind (age, gender, race/ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation) will absolutely not be tolerated;
- Be a part of your Warrior community; reach out to higher, adjacent, and supporting unit Marines as partners.
4. STRENGTHEN AND MAINTAIN A SENSE OF BALANCE (PHYSICAL, MENTAL, EMOTIONAL, SPIRITUAL)
- Stay physically fit, mentally tough, emotionally resilient, and spiritually grounded;
- Maintain a sense of purpose: what you do for 1st MarDiv matters, and you can make a difference for you, your fellow Marines and Sailors, and our families.